New Delhi : Taking major action, the central government has ordered the blocking of 35 YouTube channels and some social media accounts. This order has been issued by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. This information was given by the Joint Secretary of the Ministry, Vikram Sahai. He said that this action has been taken on the basis of the latest intelligence inputs received by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on January 20. Let us tell you that earlier also these channels and social media accounts have been warned about this.
Blocked these channels and accounts
According to the information given by the Ministry of Information, instructions have been issued to block 35 YouTube channels, 2 Twitter accounts, 2 Instagram accounts, 2 websites and one Facebook account due to the anti-national content.
Were operating from Pakistan
Vikram Sahay has told that one thing was common in all these blocked accounts. Actually all these were being operated from Pakistan. Not only this, work was being done to spread anti-national content on them.
More channels will be blocked in future
At the same time, Ministry Secretary Apoorva Chandra has told that the blocked YouTube channel has 1.20 crore subscribers and 130 crore views. In such a situation, now that the process of blocking them has started, then more channels will be blocked in the future.
Chandra said that our intelligence agencies are engaged in this work. We will also need the support of the media.
Anurag Thakur had alerted
Let us inform that the Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur had already alerted about this. On Wednesday, he had warned that the government was going to take such action against those who conspired against the country. He said that cognizance has been taken about such channels in many countries. YouTube also came forward and took action to block them.