Dehradun. Poisonous gas leaked from a gas cylinder kept in a scrap shop in Azad Nagar of transit camp in Rudrapur today. Many people fainted after being hit by the gas.
On getting information about the incident, SDM, CO, team of fire brigade, local policemen and administrative officers also reached the spot.
The team that reached the spot after getting information about the gas leak also came under the grip of the gas. During this, the health of Kichha area Deputy District Magistrate Kaustubh Mishra, Chief Fire Officer Vansh Bahadur Yadav and about eight SDRF personnel also deteriorated.
Due to the leakage of gas, the people around there started having trouble breathing. This created an atmosphere of panic among the people there.
About 34 people who fainted have been admitted to the hospital for treatment. Where the ICU ward of the district hospital is also full. There has been a stir in the entire area after the incident. At the same time, couple Kishore Pant and SSP Dr Manjunath reached TC Hospital to know the condition of unconscious patients.
After the gas leak, the local people demanded the administration to remove the junk warehouse from the transit camp. People also protested about this.